- Bringing nature inside your home through the foyer furniture will act as a good transition from the outdoors to indoors decor. Apart from adorning the typical overall décor that everyone does, using flowers and potted plants and piece of furniture build with more outdoor characteristics would also make a good choice. So, go ahead and buy some potted houseplants for your foyer.
Some General Entryway Ideas
- While planning out your painting in the foyer area, try using a combination of bold or dark colors to give the entryway more depth and comfort. Another decorative option would be to experiment with a new decorative faux finish technique on one accent wall, as the backdrop for your artwork.
- For more mood lighting purposes, add wall sconces or for a more contemporary look track lights on long narrow hallways. Be mindful that track lights does would work well for overall highlighting a wall used to showoff artwork or other home decor accessories.
- While choosing the entryway furniture for your foyer location, choose the scale cautiously. While, the furniture should be large enough to be visible, you might not want it to be the dominating focus for the space.
- When choosing a decorative mirror for the foyer area, there are two very good options. One is to plan on placing a large scaled mirror on top of the console, just make sure that it is not wider than the overall size of the console table or chest. While the second involves placing tall full body mirror against the wall.
- In terms of home accessories, decorative sculptures, knick-knacks and other personal collectibles can be good choices, just remember that most of the times less is more. We mean that if you have 10 accessories that you want to place in the room, 5 might be a better number.
If there is enough space in the foyer area, you can always consider adding an upholstered bench, with throw pillows, for your guests to sit on while put on their shoes.
If you follow these simple but clear guidelines for decorating your foyer, you will have an entryway that is welcoming and personal, because it was designed and put together by you for you.
Image Source : Pinterest